Dan is a second year PhD student in the Cognitive Psychology and Marketing programs. He is working with Professors Pernille Hemmer and Gretchen Chapman in the psychology department and Professor Ashwani Monga in the marketing department.
Most recently he was a lab coordinator at Columbia Business School where he worked with Professors Eric Johnson and Elke Weber on cognitive processes underlying decision making. Prior to that he studied language acquisition at the University of Maryland, studied psychology at Brunel University, played poker professionally, and received an engineering degree from Penn State.
Dan’s current research investigates how people make decisions about the future. He is interested the cognitive processes underlying temporal choices and hopes to use these insights to help people be more patient.
Visit his website for more information!
Chang, C. B., Wall, D., Tare, M., Golonka, E., Vatz, K. (2014). Relationships of attitudes toward homework and time spent on homework to course outcomes: The case of foreign language learning. Journal of Educational Psychology, 106(4), 1049-1065. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0036497
- Chang, C., Wall, D., Tare, M., Golonka, E., & Vatz, K. (to appear). Relationships of attitudes towards homework and time spent on homework to course outcomes: The case of foreign language learning. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Wall, D., Li, Y., Toubia, O., Johnson, E. Less can be more: Reliability and Validity in Time Discounting. 2014. Poster to be presented at Society for Judgment and Decision Making Annual Meeting, Long Beach, California.
- Crookes, R, Wall, D, Weber, E, Johnson, E. Whether You Are Framed Depends On How You Ask (Yourself): Query Theory and the Asian Disease Problem.2014. Talk to be given at Society for Judgment and Decision Making Annual Meeting, Long Beach, California.
- Chapman. G., Hemmer. P. & Wall. D. (2016, November). Integrating Time and Risk in Decision Making. Talk presented at the 57th annual conference of the Psychonomic Society. Boston MA
- Vatz, K., Golonka, E. Chang, C., Tare, M., Wall, D. & Maloney, S. (2012). Homework and Self- StudyFY12 Project Summary and Recommendations (TTO 82120). University of Maryland Center for Advanced Study of Language.
- Jackson, S., Berens, M., Benson, S., Tare, M., Vatz, K., Clark, M., Meyers, J., Wall, D., & Doughty, C. (2012). Unit language development: A year-end review of CASL’s ATI achievements (TTO 82106). University of Maryland Center for Advanced Study of Language.